Friday, February 22, 2008

The Lunar Eclipse

Did you see the Lunar Eclipse the other night. I sure did. It was very, very cool indeed. It was little extra spice in the night sky. A little salt and pepper where it was once rather bland. A bit of extra light on a normally mundane subject.
I set myself up out on a dock near a couple old rickety shrimp boats down in Bluffton, South Carolina. I set up my tripod, put in some 100 speed Fuji Velvia film into my Nikon FM2 body and pointed my telephoto lens to the stars or to the moon to be more exact, and took my first image. I then clicked an image every five minutes until the show was over. Its always a long shot with long exposures but all one can do is hope, is rely on your years of previous long exposure experience and the sometimes dissapointing results in the darkroom, and hope that you got the exposure you wanted. Time will tell. But, it was very cool indeed. At one point the moon turned bright red and all the wispy clouds that misted around its circular glow were suddenly bathed in a reddish hue. I think the moon was blushing because of all the sudden attention it was receiving from the stargazers on Earth. Sorry, no images yet...

No comments: