Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Concert Photography

My last few posts on this blog have all revolved around music and so I am sticking to that theme for just a bit longer. I have years and years worth of concert photography just waiting to be released into various books and films. For the first time in years I am starting to go through the archives and pull out some material that if not stored correctly would certainly have cobwebs tangled around the flimsy edges of the negative. (CAN COBWEBS GATHER UPON DIGITAL FILES TOO?) I don't think so. Perhaps, their is some sort of digital version of the cobweb and if there was such a thing it would most certainly have found a home on these rock files.
Anyhow, it feels good to be going through the old files and starting to get them out there. Nearly all of my work has never been seen. I would say 98% of it has been locked up in binders full of overflowing negatives. The other 1% is on filled up hard drives filled with digital files and the other 1% is on my website http://www.strainephotography.com
It's time to release the files! alright, alright. So, check out this little movie I made of the rock band RAQ. It is over 300 still images laid out side by side. That's right. This is not moving images. These are all stills shot by strainephotography.

No comments: