Friday, January 25, 2008

Iron and Wine. Simply said. A kick-ass band.

I bought my girlfriends sister Iron and Wines CD, "The Shepherd's Dog" for Christmas and she was kind enough to burn me a copy before I left Ohio. Well, the entire CD is amazing. It is one of those CD's that was just really well thought out. The first tune to the last note is just smooth as butter. It is one of those CD's that you can listen to again and again and it does not get old. Very rare. Just think about the amount of bands that have albums where the first three tracks are good and the rest is crap. It is almost like they just needed some music to fill up the minutes. This is a sign of a band that does not have the depth needed to continue down a lengthy, healthy, far reaching rock n roll legacy.

I believe that Iron and Wine will do just this and more. This is a tight rock band with all the ingredients to truly span the years with creativity, soul and brand new sounds.
Check them out on Letterman. This might be my favorite song on "The Shepherd's Dog" I love the line about "nothin on the radio" because I bitch about this all the time. Their website is here

No comments: