Monday, January 14, 2008

Hunting Island State Park, SC



Saturday afternoon Erin and I arrived at Hunting Island State Park to go biking and camping. Our spot was literally right on the ocean. The only sound you could hear was the crashing surf. It was beautiful. The weather was off and on rain and rather cool for the average South Carolina day but it was still amazing. We brought our bikes and off we rode through the woods, down a curvy Low Country Road, out along expansive piers stretching far out into the bays and along the shoreline on the hard packed sand that you only find on the stretches beach along the Continental Shelf of the southeast. We ended our bike trek at the Hunting Island Lighthouse where we took a moment to take in the history.
We then made our way back to the site where we built a warm fire and cooked a large meal of Jumbo Shrimp with Tofu and vegetables. It was delicious. Afterwards, we sat back and sipped hot chocolate by the warm fire listening the sound of the crashing surf.
Some expertly prepared smores, thanks to Erin, were then prepared. With all that chocolate in our system we played a heated game of scrabble whose victor is still in question.
Sleep came soon after. The photo I have included in this post is one of my favorite surfing related images I have. I had my surfboard with me, but the waves in the morning were not that good, so I did not paddle out. Next time...

Remember. If you are looking for a Hilton Head Island Wedding Photographer you should get in touch with me. I have an extensive portfolio of weddings I have photographed on my website. My prices are extremely affordable. I also have a long list of references I can provide you. I will look foreword to hearing from you and I hope to be your Hilton Head Island photographer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say those smores were delicious. Also, I won the scrabble game. We can have a rematch though if you still question who the true scrabble master is.