Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hilton Head Island Wedding Photography

So I am a transplant from up north and getting used to southern living has been interesting and hot! Yes indeed. Hot! I think the biggest adjustment I have had to make since relocating to Hilton Head Island has been coping with the relentless heat and consistent sunshine.
Ok, I know what you are thinking. Oh, poor him...He has to live somewhere where it is warm and sunny all the time. Well, get this. I love the rain. I love cool, cloudy weather. I like to wear comfy pants and a sweater some days. You see, in Vermont, the weather is constantly changing. You can have a 90 degree hot day followed by a 50 degree day with chilly rain showers. I think this is what I miss the most.

The sunny weather does make my job as a Hilton Head Island Wedding Photographer much easier. There is nothing worse than attempting to get supreme imagery out of a cloudy, rainy day. It just makes everything that much more difficult. I suppose you just have to deal with it, but I am thankful for the bountiful sunshine we receive here in sunny South Carolina.

I cannot wait for the fall though. I will be photographing 3 weddings in September and 2 in October. I may have just gotten my first destination wedding at an exclusive property in the North Carolina Mountains. I will keep you posted.
Thanks,
Daniel Straine

No comments: